THE ARTIADE – OLYMPICS OF ART
The ARTIADE – Olympics of Art is an international exhibition designed to create new avenues for artistic expression outside the established routes, in order to encourage artists who might otherwise remain undiscovered and also to document contemporary society for posterity through the means of artistic endeavor.
The main criterion for selection will be the artists’ uniqueness of expression rather than any current international trends in art. Reflecting the multitude of the artist coming from the different countries. The ARTIADE represents these nations’ intellectual and spiritual aspects in the form of art, conveying the collective of human society and thus communicating cultural identity. It enhances dialog between cultures, which is important especially in today`s world.
”It is the artists’ works that tell us about life in the countries from which they come…”Gerhard Mack – ART Magazine Germany.
- Document peaceful meetings between nations and enhance dialogue between cultures, especially important in today‘s world
- Reflect the diversity of cultures and make art directly accessible
- To all – not just those are already ‘in the know‘
- Create new avenues for artistic expression outside the established routes
- Encourage artists who might otherwise remain undiscovered
- Show the world their skill and artistry
- Create an international meeting place for artists and art lovers
- Document contemporary art for posterity through the means of artistic endeavor.
Paintings, sculpture, installations, photography, video art, mixed media, street art, environmental art and concept art.
For the upcoming ARTIADE, one more category will be added: that of ‘Concept Art’. During the last two decades, a trend has developed in the arts towards the new media. This trend has arisen parallel to the sector of contemporary art, and is dominated by the upsurge of computer technology.